Episode 254: UX Reliability with Mike Ryan
Mike Ryan talks with us about site reliability UX, discussing its importance in web applications. We explore the significance of reliability in web apps, insights on how to prepare for site issues, and where to learn about tooling. We also address the scenario of monitoring software going down, fault tolerance, and the lack of conversations around these topics.
Recording date: Sep 21, 2023
Brought to you by
- 00:27 Welcome
- 00:52 Introducing Mike Ryan
- 03:16 What is site reliability UX?
- 06:28 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 07:28 Why is reliability so important in a web app?
- 14:02 How can I prepare for site issues?
- 16:13 Where do you learn about tooling?
- 19:43 What do you do if the monitoring software goes down?
- 22:48 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 23:53 What about fault tolerance?
- 26:21 What are other uses for SendBeacon?
- 29:14 Why isn't there more conversations around this?
- 30:52 Who should be using user monitoring?
- 32:25 How easy is it to get started with Polaris?
- 34:04 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.