Episode 221: Inflection Point SvelteKit 1.0 with Kevin Åberg Kultalahti
Kevin Åberg Kultalahti joins us to talk about Svelte, the release of SvelteKit 1.0, as well as Svelte Society. Why should you consider SvelteKit? What are adapters, file structure, and how to get started with SvelteKit, and what is the compiler in Svelte?
Recording date: Feb 2, 2023
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Kevin Åberg Kultalahti @kevmodrome
Brought to you by
- AG Grid
- Narwhal Visit nx.dev to get the preeminent open-source toolkit for monorepo development, today.
- 00:27 Welcome
- 01:00 Guest introduction
- 02:05 What is Svelte Society?
- 04:26 What is Svelte?
- 07:44 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 08:46 What is the Svelte Compiler?
- 13:14 What is SvelteKit?
- 19:18 Why SvelteKit?
- 23:40 Sponsor: Nrwl
- 24:16 What are adapters in Svelte?
- 29:14 What is exciting about SvelteKit?
- 32:01 What is the file structure for SvelteKit?
- 34:59 Getting started with SvelteKit
- 36:00 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.