Episode 215: How I Doubled by Lighthouse Performance with Astro.js with Corbin Crutchley
Corbin Crutchley talks with us about what he did to improve his Lighthouse score, and how Astro played a part in improving his website's experience.
Recording date: 12/08/2022
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Corbin Crutchley @Crutchcorn
Brought to you by
- 00:38 Caviar dreams
- 01:53 Guest introduction
- 04:01 Starting out in Lighthouse
- 06:47 Why Astro?
- 08:25 Sponsor: Nrwl
- 09:01 What have you added on to Astro?
- 12:43 What about islands architecture?
- 16:46 What about Angular support?
- 17:49 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 18:54 What changes did you make to improve Lighthouse score?
- 23:08 How is Markdown supported?
- 25:15 What was it like switching from Gatsby to Astro?
- 27:09 What sort of incremental improvements can I do?
- 35:15 What was the hardest part of the process?
- 37:27 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.