Episode 202: The Victories And Utter Failures Of Choosing Open Source Software
John, Ward, and Craig share their thoughts on the ways they choose open source software for projects, how to pick software to use, what to do when you've picked the wrong one, and when to write your own code instead of using someone else's.
Recording date: August 25, 2022
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Brought to you by
- 00:53 How we choose open souce projects
- 06:42 Using loggers as an example
- 07:23 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 08:29 Testing for if a library is current
- 10:53 When do you decide to go look elsewhere?
- 18:42 How do you fix your mistakes?
- 31:17 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 32:23 When you're stuck in a ditch
- 35:48 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.