Episode 196: Developer Experience and Tools with Brian Holt
Brian Holt talks with us about building developer tools and developer experience, convention over configuration, what the hardest part is to get right, and how to know what users really want?
Recording date: 7/14/2022
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Brian Holt @Holtbt
Brought to you by
- 00:59 Guest introduction
- 02:11 What is it about developer tools that you enjoy?
- 05:19 What problems are you seeing day to day at Stripe?
- 08:24 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 09:31 How much of developer tooling do you connect with?
- 12:44 Convention over configuration?
- 14:35 What's the hardest part to get right?
- 18:40 How do you know what users really want?
- 22:35 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 23:28 What's been your journey to PM role?
- 32:03 In what ways did being an engineer help you as a PM?
- 37:31 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.