Episode 194: Building apps for Teams with Waldek Mastykarz
Waldek Mastykarz talks with us about building apps for Microsoft Teams. What benefit is there to using Teams? Can apps leverage the Teams infrastructure? How easy is it to bring an existing app into Teams? And how can developers get started building for Teams?
Recording date: 06/30/2022
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Waldek Mastykarz @Waldekm
Brought to you by
- 01:13 Guest introduction
- 02:51 Why did you start building apps for Teams?
- 04:40 What benefit is there to use Teams?
- 06:44 Can apps leverage the Teams infrastructure?
- 08:26 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 09:28 Do you have examples of apps developed for Teams?
- 15:28 What is the developer experience of building an app for Teams?
- 20:17 What events or app life cycle are devs going to want to use?
- 25:17 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 26:13 How easy is it to bring an existing app into Teams?
- 29:32 Are apps isolated from Teams?
- 31:03 What are some use cases for bots inside Teams?
- 32:54 What is debugging a Teams app like?
- 39:20 What is the query language for Microsoft graph?
- 40:35 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.