Episode 178: Tailwind CSS with Shawn Wildermuth
Shawn Wildermuth talks with us about Tailwind, answering questions about when Tailwind works best, how to think about Tailwind classes and components, how to prune your CSS, how Tailwind interacts with React or TSX, and handling dark or light theming with Tailwind.
Recording date: 03/17/2022
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Shawn Wildermuth @ShawnWildermuth
Brought to you by
- 00:50 Diving in to Tailwind
- 01:35 Guest introduction
- 03:44 What is Tailwind?
- 06:04 When does Tailwind work best?
- 10:32 Sponsor: Ionic
- 11:07 Tailwind classes and components
- 17:04 What is flex?
- 17:41 Pruning your CSS
- 27:56 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 29:00 How does Tailwind interact with React or TSX?
- 32:36 Can you use Sass with Tailwind?
- 33:49 How does Tailwind handle dark or light theming?
- 36:38 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.