Episode 177: OSS Sustainability and NPM Module Ecosystem with Matteo Collina
Matteo Collina stops by to talk about the npm ecoystem, security, update us on Fastify, front end vs back end concerns, how Fastify helps with security issues, vulnerabilities in open source, and tips for securing node.
Recording date: March 17, 2022
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Brought to you by
- 02:25 Guest introduction
- 05:25 Live vs virtual conferences
- 06:38 npm Ecosystem and Security
- 09:07 Update on Fastify
- 12:06 Sponsor: Narwhal
- 12:40 Were you able to start with this process in the beginning of Fastify?
- 15:30 Front end vs back end concerns
- 17:20 Serverless vs server based cold starts
- 22:37 How Fastify helps with security issues
- 24:05 Why is my npm modules folder so big?
- 26:56 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 28:01 Vulnerabilities in open source
- 33:01 What do people who aren't able to code do?
- 34:01 Security tips for using node
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.