Episode 170: Building a Web App with SvelteKit with Domenik Reitzner
Domenik Reitzner returns to talk about his experiences building an app with SvelteKit. How did Svelte help meet their goals for the app? What went wrong with the project? How much overhead did TypeScript add? What other technologies did they use?
Recording date: Jan 27, 2022
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Domenik Reitzner @ReitznerDomenik
Brought to you by
- 01:03 First name or Last name
- 02:41 Guest introduction
- 03:49 What problem were you trying to solve?
- 05:24 How did the store app end up working?
- 08:13 Sponsor: Ionic
- 08:53 What are the technologies used?
- 10:33 How did you design the app?
- 13:24 Does throwing more people on a project help?
- 14:12 Did Svelte help you meet your goal?
- 19:34 How much overhead does Typescript add?
- 20:53 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 21:59 What went wrong with the project?
- 23:38 Did GitLab make it more efficient?
- 24:26 What role did Azure static web apps play?
- 28:16 What's in SvelteKit that helped?
- 32:00 How does routing work with SvelteKit?
- 42:46 How does SvelteKit manage Stores?
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.