Episode 163: Theme Park Technology
John and Craig talk all about the technology you might interact with before and during a visit to a theme park like Disney or Universal Studios. From E-tickets, the color of a light when you swipe your arm band, dealing with edge cases, to tracking animal's bowel movements - technology is everywhere at theme parks.
Recording date: Nov 19, 2021
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Brought to you by
- 00:37 Topic introduction
- 01:55 Technology is everywhere at theme parks
- 03:30 E Tickets
- 04:38 What system has the biggest influence on your experience?
- 06:55 Have you ever seen a purple light?
- 07:42 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 08:44 The Magic bands
- 12:29 It all starts on the web site
- 16:06 Using semantic HTML
- 18:55 Communicating with backend systems
- 21:24 Dealing with edge cases
- 24:38 What about the mobile app?
- 29:20 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 30:22 Phones and Watches to unlock
- 31:52 Technology inside the park
- 35:59 Purchasing systems
- 37:01 The poop app
- 39:10 Food and restaurants
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.