Episode 158: Svelte and Elder.js with Nick Reese
Nick Reese chats with us about what Elder.js is and why would someone use it for development? What are short codes and how do they benefit development in Svelte? How does Elder.js fit alongside Sveltekit? And how does hydration work with Elder.js?
Recording date: Oct 15, 2021
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Nick Reese @NickReese
Brought to you by
- 01:54 Guest introduction
- 02:22 What is Elder.js and why?
- 08:14 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 09:19 What are short codes in Svelte?
- 15:00 Where does Elder.js fit with Sveltekit?
- 17:35 What is hydration on a website?
- 21:14 Sponsor: Ionic
- 21:54 How do you figure out if your site is interactive enough for hydration?
- 30:13 How does someone get started with Elder.js?
- 38:52 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.