Episode 152: Creating a Successful Front-End Onboarding Plan with Dana Yudelevich
Dana Yudelevich talks with us about the tips, tools, and advice for onboarding new team members. Why is onboarding important? How do you set people up for success? Are there any guides or tools Dana recommends for onboarding? And what is Notion?
Recording date: Sep 9, 2021
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Dana Yudelevich @dana_yudelevich
Brought to you by
- 01:09 Weather updates
- 03:36 Guest introduction
- 05:11 Why is onboarding important?
- 08:42 Sponsor: Ionic
- 09:18 Setting people up for success
- 11:46 What are some of the hangups with onboarding?
- 13:48 Is there a guide to how to start onboarding?
- 23:27 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 24:32 What is Notion?
- 27:24 How to help people feel a part of the team?
- 33:21 What if someone needs to work on a feature right away?
- 37:30 Do you use videos, text, or what tools?
- 39:24 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.