Episode 142: Sketch Notes in Tech with David Neal
David Neal talks about his process for creating sketch notes around the talks he gives, how he got started with sketch notes, his thoughts on bad drawings, tips for describing non-visual things, and what kinds of tools he recommends to get started with sketch notes.
Recording date: June 15, 2021
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
David Neal @ReverentGeek
Brought to you by
- 01:00 Guest introduction
- 01:35 How did you get into sketch noting?
- 08:11 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 09:14 Dad joke illustrations
- 13:41 Do you share your early talks?
- 17:53 Even bad drawings are still art
- 23:36 How do you describe non-visual items?
- 27:37 Tell your story
- 31:12 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 32:09 Lessons from software development that relate to drawing
- 35:11 What kind of tools or software should someone start with?
- 44:06 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.