Episode 131: Sketchnotes with Doug Neill
Doug Neill talks with John, Ward, and Craig about how he uses sketchnoting to record notes and prepare for talks. What was Doug's journey into sketchnoting? How does he think differently about paper vs iPad? How does Doug deal with mistakes in his Sketchnotes? And who can benefit from sketchnoting?
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Brought to you by
- 01:56 Guest introduction
- 03:38 What was your journey into sketch noting?
- 07:44 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 08:53 Did you have to start to think differently?
- 11:15 Sketching for presentation or notes
- 15:08 Does a mindmap become the sketch?
- 22:42 Do you prefer paper or iPad?
- 25:10 How do you keep yourself from polishing instead of note taking?
- 26:35 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 27:44 How do you handle mistakes?
- 30:14 What is it about Concepts that you like vs Procreate?
- 46:42 Who benefits from visual note taking?
- 50:00 How do you get started with sketch notes?
- 51:41 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.