Episode 126: A Tale of Two Topics - Mentoring and NgRx with Kate Sky
Kate Sky talks with John, Ward, and Craig about her experiences mentoring, NgRx, immutability in code, how you decide what to refactor, how to mentor someone entering NgRx, and state management issues.
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Kate Sky @Katesky8
Brought to you by
- 02:06 Guest introduction
- 02:53 Mentoring
- 05:07 Best practices as a mentor
- 12:04 Sponsor: AG Grid
- 13:14 What is State Management?
- 19:41 How did you decide what to refactor?
- 22:48 How would you mentor someone entering NgRx?
- 26:40 What about NgRx data?
- 28:56 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 30:03 How do you help people understand RxJS?
- 33:55 Do people struggle with immunability?
- 43:46 What are conditions that led to state management issues?
- 53:37 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.