Episode 116: Optimizing Svelte Applications using the Closure compiler
Tor Helgevold joins Ward, Dan, and Craig to talk about optimizing Svelte using the Closure compiler. How do you get a smaller bundle size? How do you support lazy loading? When should you turn on a closure compiler? And does the Closure compiler optimize at run time as well?
Recording date: Dec, 2020
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Tor Helgevold @Helgevold
Brought to you by
- 04:03:13 Guest introduction
- 06:06:14 How did you discover Svelte?
- 10:59:00 What pain points are addressing by adding a compiler on top of Svelte?
- 13:33:19 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 14:45:00 How do you get a smaller bundle size?
- 30:38:00 How do you support lazy loading?
- 36:52:05 Sponsor: Idea Blade
- 38:03:18 When should you turn on closure compiler?
- 47:39:00 Does closure optimize at run time as well?
- 50:06:00 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.